Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hope Floats


With all this spiderman buzz I decided to not go out to the movies...I just dont' want to deal with that many people plus I am swamped with some work. So I decided to watch Hope Floats. Who's in it might you ask? Sandra Bullock and Harry Conick Jr. Yeah I didn't know he was an actor. I really thought that this would be a good movie because I love Sandra Bullock and think she's an amazing actress but overall I didn't find myself wanting to watch it again.
Here is the premise...Bertie (Ms. Bullock) is dumped for another woman by her husband on tv. So she moves home to texas and has trouble readjusting because it is a small town and everybody's talking about what happened. Her daughter is really mad at her because she thinks her mother is to blame for all of her marital problems and Bertie's mom (Gena Rowland) wants her to move on to another guy (Harry Conick Jr.) who is a big sweetheart. It's all just a big mess with a lot of bruised relationships. There are some funny scenes with but overall the movie is really serious and basically works off the premise of life's unexpected obstacles and the growing pains that accompany them. If you're in the mood check it out because the acting is good...it's just kind of a slow paced, tense movie.

3 comments:

pikachu said...

I love that movie and the soundtrack even though I forgot some part of the story already since it's really an old old movie.
But with your recap, it makes me want to see it again. I think that's what the quality of a good movie is that it makes people relate to the story when they watch it at different moments in your life.

Pearly said...

Taking about movies...I haven't had chance to see Hope floats. Or at least I don't recall.. but it will be on my "to watch list".. What I did want to share was... so I was like in terribly shock and upset after the fight Saturday as all that read my blog will know. However, Sunday I turn on my TV in the afternoon sometime and guess what's on CINDERELLA MAN! YESS!! What a GREAT movie to take the sour taste out of my mouth!It's truly a must see flick.

Kuki said...

Cheesy, cheesy movie! But I really like Harry Conick... Kuki