Monday, May 21, 2007

A League of their Own


"Hey cow girls, see the grass? Don't eat it!" "There's no crying! There's no crying in baseball" These are some of the best quotes from one of my favorite comedies, A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (a movie about the first ever women's baseball league). This weekend was busy, busy, busy but I was able to watch this movie while cleaning up my room. The beauty about this movie is that somehow I can be busy doing something else but I always and unconsciously seem to tune in for the funniest moments. Tom Hanks, who is amazing in his own right, makes this movie what it is...hilarious. I'm still laughing right now about the scene where Stilwell starts taunting him about losing the game and he gets so fed up that he hits the kid in the head with a baseball glove...it's priceless. The whole time you're watching the movie you're just waiting for somebody to tell that kid to stop and finally Tom has to do something about it. I think that might be my favorite moment. What's yours?

No comments: